DCPS’s School Food Advisory Board (charmingly represented by the acronym SFAB) is looking for students, parents, and school staff to serve on it for 2017. Applications are due on January 23. Sign up and more information are here.
Here’s the wording from that website:
“The roles & responsibility of serving on the SFAB are:
– To attended a minimum of three of the four scheduled meetings (February 7, May 9, August 30, November 15);
– Provide menu feedback;
– Participate in taste testing of new menu items;
– Receive food service program overview;
– Parent & student advocacy – provide constructive and actionable feedback on cafeteria environment, recruitment/involvement of parents, faculty, staff, community partners, and students;
– Be a student, parent/guardian, faculty or staff member with DC Public Schools with interest in being a voice for your community and the school population you will represent.”
Questions can be directed to Melissa Herendeen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Maybe a good question is to ask whether the DCPS contract for food services with Sodexo ought to be renewed? Just a thought.